Practicing Gratitude: 3 Practical Tips
The role of gratitude has been explored extensively in social science research in recent decades. What researchers have discovered is that when it comes to anxiety relief and improvement in overall happiness and wellbeing, practicing gratitude works! Learn more about the role of gratitude for anxiety relief in my recent blog post.
There are multiple ways to integrate a gratitude practice in your life. Here are three simple suggestions based on research:
- Who are the people in my life that I appreciate?
- Were there events that happened this week that were special and meaningful to me?
- What characteristics do I most appreciate in myself?
- What would my life be like without ___(important person)___ in it? How has this person enriched my life?
Add a Gratitude Item to a Daily Checklist
- What am I looking forward to doing today?
- How am I contributing to the good in my own and others’ lives today?
- What am I grateful for from the day?
- What did I learn today?
STEPS TO HEALING
What To Expect When We Work Together
Once you decide to begin counseling, you'll fill out the initial paperwork securely using the client portal. We will meet and begin the therapeutic counseling journey together.
Through your counseling sessions, you will start working on your healing -- experiencing shifts, progress, and relief as you go.
What Fellow Clinicians That Know My Work Have Said About Me
Dr. Maggie Walsh, LPC, RPT
I have had the pleasure of collaborating with Brent to support many shared clients throughout the years. He is very intentional in his clinical practice and works exceptionally hard to serve his clients. Shared clients have described Brent as warm, caring, knowledgeable and helpful.
Marty Altman, LPC
As a fellow counselor, I know that Brent Sweitzer does high quality work and serves his clients very well. He is insightful, caring, and encouraging and not afraid to be honest when needed. He is very experienced, trained by some of the best possible teachers, and he has honed his skills well through years of practicing. I would trust him to treat my own family members.